Saturday, September 11, 2010

DIXIE!!!

Right, let me catch everyone up. I moved to St George, Utah and am going to Dixie State College. I work at Beehive Learning Academy which is soooo fun! And...I made the show choir, Raging Red!! I was so happy. And oh my goodness, when I auditioned, I was shaking from the performance high.

Other news: I auditioned for Baker's Wife and didn't make it. I'm not too terribly sad. I actually had a plan in my head that if I didn't make it I would do the Miss Dixie State College Pageant. Crazy, right?! Well, I'm doing it. My platform is childhood education. I was thinking this will help me actually do the fundraiser for the CAI that I've been planning on doing for forever. The more I prepare for it, the more I think that I am supposed to do it. Especially when my wonderful boss told me that BLA wants to sponsor me! For anyone who wants to come and support me, the pageant is on October 5 at Dixie State College. The exact location will be coming at a later date.

Last little bit: Since it is September 11th, I've decided to write a little something. Here it goes:

Do you remember where you were? Do you remember what you thought? Do you remember what you felt? For me, it comes back in odd memories. Of the last time I slept in my parents' bed from a nightmare. Of the thought that I would be like Molly from the American Girls series if we went to war. Of getting sick in class after watching the news. Of the grey sky as I went outside to escape from the disturbing images.

I also remember the next day talking about it in school. We then had to write in our journals about how we would feel if they started the draft again and our fathers, brothers, etc were called to war. Jeremy had made me mad that morning and I wrote how I wouldn't care if he was sent to war. Well, nearly 7 years later, he was. He joined the Army and was on tour in Afghanistan. The words I wrote came back to haunt me like my nightmare from the night before 9/11. Nobody has ever made me felt guilt before. Not once, until that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment