Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's Halloweeeeen!!

So I'm actually going to start doing what I set this blog up for! I'm going to post a step by step of me sewing my Halloween costume. Sound thrilling, doesn't it? I know you guys are on the edge of your seats with anticipation for it. Well here comes something even better. Not only am I doing my costume but also will be posting how I did my friend's costume! Yay! Double the fun!

So I am being a Ringmaster Can Can Dancer a la Moulin Rouge. (The movie, not the actual moulin rouge.) It shall be awesome. I found an awesome striped blouse with a cool stand up collar at the DI (thrift store), and I am buying a black underbust corset that I will embelish with red. I unfortunately don't have the time to sew my own corset. Yes, I could cheat and not make it accurate, but I don't do things like that. Plus it's cheaper to buy one then make my own. The skirt is red and the underskirt has alternating ruffles of black, red, and white. I even made a mini top hat! If I have time I'm going to make a whip too. I'm excited.

My friend is being Jessica Rabbit. Her dress isn't going to look just like Jessica's because, let's be honest, that dress is slightly impossible. But it will be red and she will have purple gloves and she already has the red hair going for her.

And not only am I making costumes, I also said I would do a boat load of people's makeup. Whatever happened to not saying yes to everyone? Ah well, I learn after Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment