Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bride One's costume (Traditional) Part 1

I've started!!! Here we go!


I decided to use a pattern instead of making my own, since I already had this and it's exactly what I want.




I decided to use this really awesome fabric I have lying around as a contrast on the front panel. I found out it sucks to sew with this fabric.



This is the bodice. Sort of. I still need to do boning, lining, and grommets. I decided not to do side lacings.


Me attempting to put the zipper foot on my sewing machine. I had never done it before. It was extremely confusing as you can see by the expression on my face.





This is the awesome fabric. I have tons of it and I'm thinking I'm going to use some of it for the skirt. As I was taking this picture, I realized what the fabric reminds me of. The lining in coffins. Kind of cool how I'm using it to make a costume for a vampire, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment