Monday, April 6, 2009

Aztec Bride- muslin mock-up

While watching General Conference on TV on Sunday, I decided, why not start on costuming so that I'll actually stay awake and half listen to conference? (I still ended up falling asleep for part of a talk.) So here we go! My muslin mock-up of the top of the Aztec bride.

If you don't remember, this is what it's going to look like:



I started off cutting out a large band that will go around the bust. I added darts so that it would lie flat. I didn't even think about taking pictures until later. So there are none of the band. Just use your imagination for that part.


For the next part, I cut out a wide band and gathered one end. I then started at the top left side, pinned it, then pinned it diagonally across the chest. I then looped it and pinned it at the bottom left side making a figure-eight! I gathered and pinned while looping it around.

Here it is! I didn't do the straps. I was mainly concerned about getting the shape I wanted. The fabric is then going to wrap around the back. I don't know how I'm going to get the girl who's wearing this in and out of it yet. Zipper would be logical, but they're a pain. I think that's my only choice though. Any ideas? (If anybody even reads this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment